PDA

View Full Version : DU @ pentagon on 9/11

Eckolaker
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
http://www.axisoflogic.com/cgi-bin/exec/vi...e=129&num=17578 (http://www.axisoflogic.com/cgi-bin/exec/view.pl?archive=129&num=17578)

I didnt see this on the site, but that doesnt mean it isnt. However, I wanted to make sure everyone has seen this.

AuGmENTor
07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Well that wins the prize for the most diturbing thing I've EVER read. What the hell can you do about that? Hope it's just the drama hype of a tree hugger. But from watching "Beyond Treason" I'm guessing it isn't. What I don't get is why are so many people born every day normal? If Iraq is that bad, why are ANY babies born healthy. I have friends that I served with in Iraq in '91, a seemingly disproportionate number of them are either dead or seriously fucked up, and so are their kids. I lack energy sometimes, but I've fathered kids since I came back (all OK) And none of my partners have screamed from burning semen (just the big "O" wink wink). What the hell do we do about this? Is it real, or at least, is it as bad as they say?

Eckolaker
07-27-2006, 10:15 PM
well here is the thing.

Radiation(if I remember correctly) is a funny thing.

Obviously, were all aware that radiation is just stray particles being emitted from a type of material.

Just about everything emits radiation in some form. We are constantly being bombared by radioactive particles everyday. Where it becomes tricky is on the cellular level. These particles are small enough to literally pass right through our bodies. However, sometimes they come in contact with cells. Certain types of radiation can have adverse effects on living cells, some can seriously alter the cellular structure, some can instantly kill the cell dead. This is why radiation is a common form of cancer treatment. Also, you have to remember that radioactive particles do not discriminate, and some cells in are body are very weak when it comes to protection.

Now you also have to take exposier into account. Pretty simple concept, the more particles you are exposed to, the higher your chance of having one or more of those particles hit a vulnerable cell.

Obviously the more exposier you have to harmful radiation, the more likely you are to suffer serious health risks or death.

Your body could take months of radioactive cancer treatment, but you would last 10 minutes standing next to a Uranium rod. (un-protected of course)

AuGmENTor
07-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't know how well protected it was, but I had high levels of exposure to munitions regularly. I was in a transportation unit, and thats ALOT of what we moved. Dood i've literally napped on crates of ammo. I sould have a third testicle by no if anyone was gonna. Or at least my kids should. Maybe that's the whole grace of God thing...

Eckolaker
07-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't know how well protected it was, but I had high levels of exposure to munitions regularly. I was in a transportation unit, and thats ALOT of what we moved. Dood i've literally napped on crates of ammo. I sould have a third testicle by no if anyone was gonna. Or at least my kids should. Maybe that's the whole grace of God thing...

I guess it all depends on the type of ammunition.

I mean its very possible that the jacket of the round is such that it contains a large level of the radiation emitted.

Ammunition still has lead in it right?

AuGmENTor
07-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Not the DU kind
I am too dumb to explain it, but either watch "Beyond Treason" (they do a good job of splaining it) or search it out. I wanna say its a steel rod impregnated with DU fired at terrific speed. But it could be just a plain old rod of DU. I don't remember what the hell was in the crates. Back in the day I didn't know or care about ANY of this shit.