PDA

View Full Version : Iran President Warns Of Hurricane In Middle East

Gold9472
07-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Iran president warns of hurricane in Middle East

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060725/ts_nm/mideast_iran_ahmadinejad_dc

(Gold9472: I'm generally a good judge of character, etc... Does Ahmadinejad come across as a relatively good man to anyone else but me?)

1 hour, 11 minutes ago

DUSHANBE (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned on Tuesday that the conflict between Lebanon and Israel could sweep through the entire Middle East like a hurricane.

"If (problems) are decided through the use of force, everything becomes double-complicated," Ahmadinejad said on a visit to Central Asian Tajikistan.

"He who sows the wind will reap a hurricane and this will be a very strong storm in the whole Middle East region, which will strike painfully," he told a joint news conference with Tajik President Imomali Rakhmonov.

Iran is a key backer of Lebanon's Hizbollah guerrilla group, whose capture of two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid on July 12 sparked Israeli air strikes on Lebanon.

The United States and Israel see Hizbollah and its allies in Iran and Syria as the root cause of the conflict which has killed more than 400 people in Lebanon since the start of the confrontation.

Ahmadinejad said Tehran was against any form of violence in the Middle East.

"All questions on international security have to be settled only through dialogue because using force will not lead anywhere," he said.

Rakhmonov called for an immediate end to the fighting.

"We call for an immediate ceasefire, and Lebanon's territorial integrity and its independence should be taken into account when settling this issue," he said.

Ahmadinejad was in Tajikistan to foster closer relations with the strategically-important nation where Russia and the United States are also vying for influence.

His trip came just weeks after the visit of U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld who sought to deepen military and political ties with the country.

Tajikistan, an impoverished former Soviet nation with good ties to Washington, wants to use its warm relations with Iran to raise its international profile and attract Iranian investment into its fledging economy.

PhilosophyGenius
07-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Same here. Ahmadinejad seems like one of the nicest world leaders around. The kind of guy who could be your neighboor and have him over for dinner.

Eckolaker
07-25-2006, 04:11 PM
No No No, he is a thug and a terrorist supporter who wants to destroy the israeli state!

/sarcasm off

Have him over for dinner indeed. I wonder if he likes quiche?

Gold9472
07-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Here's the picture with the story... he looks like a sweet little guy...

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20060725/2006_07_25t142048_357x450_us_mideast_iran_ahmadine jad.jpg

casseia
07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
He actually looks a little like Bush in that pic.

I don't know whether he's a good guy or not, but I think anyone who is so demonized by Bush and Fox is likely not to be the devil. The demonization effort is so intense -- compare it to coverage of Kim Jong Il. In his case, they're satisfied with not going too much beyond showing him in a neutral light.

AuGmENTor
07-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Gold9472: I'm generally a good judge of character, etc... Does Ahmadinejad come across as a relatively good man to anyone else but me?

After reading his letter to the killmaster 2000, I can only think of him in a good light. And the fact that the REAL terrorrists just dismissed it just shows he must be OK. I like to like people in gerneral. What I mean to say is, I'm not one of those negative, always looking for people to do the wrong thing type of guy. I can't do that with our government these days.