PDA

View Full Version : Snowjob's Latest - Video Inside

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Snowjob's Latest

Click Here (rtsp://video.c-span.org/60days/whpb071806.rm)

beltman713
07-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Bastard. He said to Helen Thomas, “thank you for the Hezbollah view”.
That's the standard administration MO, if you say something, or ask something that could be critical of the administration's policies, you are labeled a traitor, or terrorist sympathizer.

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Did Snowjob say that the U.S. DID NOT veto a U.N. resolution to force a "Cease-Fire", or am I dreaming? I could have sworn there was a report on 7/13/2006 that said the U.S. is "blocking an Arab-backed resolution that would have demanded Israel halt its military offensive in the Gaza Strip. (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11371)"

beltman713
07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Did Snowjob say that the U.S. DID NOT veto a U.N. resolution to force a "Cease-Fire", or am I dreaming? I could have sworn there was a report on 7/13/2006 that said the U.S. is "blocking an Arab-backed resolution that would have demanded Israel halt its military offensive in the Gaza Strip. (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11371)"
Yes. Which German guy was it that said something to the effect, "The bigger the lie you tell, the more people that will believe you"?

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Ooh Ooh... I know this one.

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 06:49 PM
It'll come to me...

beltman713
07-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Joseph Goebbels?

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Hitler wrote about the "Big Lie" in Mein Kampf.

beltman713
07-18-2006, 06:53 PM
His (Goebbels) primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it

beltman713
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie

Big Lie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The phrase Big Lie refers to a propaganda technique which entered mass consciousness with Adolf Hitler's 1925 autobiography Mein Kampf. In that book Hitler wrote that people came to believe that Germany lost World War I in the field due to a propaganda technique used by Jews who were influential in the German press. This technique, he believed, consisted of telling a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe anyone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously". The first documented use of the phrase "big lie" is in the corresponding passage: "in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility".¹

Later, Joseph Goebbels put forth a slightly different theory which has come to be more commonly associated with the phrase big lie. In this theory, the English are attributed with using a propaganda technique wherein they had the mendacity to "lie big" and "stick to it".²

There is an uncited rumor to the effect that Goebbels also offered up his version of the big lie technique without attributing it to either Jewish or Allied propaganda. That uncited quote is the most wide-spread attribution of the big lie, and it is usually given in a context where the implication is that the propaganda technique was invented by Goebbels, who was the propaganda minister for the Third Reich.³

The phrase was also used (on page 51) in a report prepared during the war by the United States Office of Strategic Services in describing Hitler's psychological profile [1]

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it. - OSS report page 51 [2]

Mein Kampf extract

Hitler wrote in his 1925 autobiography Mein Kampf (James Murphy translation, page 134):

All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes. ...

For reference, the original German of this passage occurs in Book 1, early in Chapter 10 [3], and is under the rubric #252: "Moralische Entwaffnung des gefährlichen Anklägers". This is the quote from the German:

Man ging dabei von dem sehr richtigen Grundsatze aus, daß in der Größe der Lüge immer ein gewisser Faktor des Geglaubtwerdens liegt, da die breite Masse eines Volkes im tiefsten Grunde ihres Herzens leichter verdorben als bewußt und absichtlich schlecht sein wird, mithin bei der primitiven Einfalt ihres Gemütes einer großen Lüge leichter zum Opfer fällt als einer kleinen, da sie selber ja wohl manchmal im kleinen lügt, jedoch vor zu großen Lügen sich doch zu sehr schämen würde. Eine solche Unwahrheit wird ihr gar nicht in den Kopf kommen, und sie wird an die Möglichkeit einer so ungeheuren Frechheit der infamsten Verdrehung auch bei anderen nicht glauben können, ja selbst bei Aufklärung darüber noch lange zweifeln und schwanken und wenigstens irgendeine Ursache doch noch als wahr annehmen; daher denn auch von der frechsten Lügenvereine dieser Welt nur zu genau kennen und deshalb auch niederträchtig zur Anwendung bringen.

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
His (Goebbels) primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

Name that person.

beltman713
07-18-2006, 06:57 PM
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

Name that person.
George W. Bush

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 07:00 PM
George W. Bush

Nope, it was George Dubya Bush.

beltman713
07-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Nope, it was George Dubya Bush.
Oh, ah, yeah, that's right.

beltman713
07-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Ole Gee Dubya seems to be working right out of the Nazi play book.

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Yup. Did you hear that we're executing the Mentally Ill? I believe that was the first class of individuals the Nazis started killing.

beltman713
07-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes, I saw that.