PDA

View Full Version : Hamden vs. Rumsfeld

Eckolaker
07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/05pdf/05-184.pdf

Has the alternative media really dropped the ball on this one?

Some commentary from the Scholars for 9/11 Truth Forum:

If you have not read the 80 page opinion of the court, then I URGE everyone here to do just that. It is available on the supreme court website.

The supreme court has essentially ruled that the entire "war on terror"- to the extent that it violates the constitution, the body of common law, or the common articles of the Geneva Conventions- is illegal and must end immediately.

Let me repeat that in even simpler terms: The supreme court has, in the clearest terms they could muster, named George Bush and his cronies as the war criminals they have become. (at least if they dont immediately cease and desist- the decision is unclear as to retroactivity, although since the court was merely confirming a previously existant body of law, i am not sure they even need to specify retroactivity)

And yet, the media is silent. Bush claims that the Hamden vs. Rumsfeld case actually supports Guantanimo and all his other secret prisons and spy programs. Still the media is silent.

Now it apears that this decision may blow over, since even alternative media has dropped the ball on this one.

The supreme court, the highest court in the land, has ruled against the neocon agenda and we must support them!
Five out of nine of the Justices have sided with truth and morality but IF THIS DECISION GETS IGNORED THE SUPREME COURT MIGHT AS WELL DISBANDED. We will have lost one of the last bastions of goodness in our federal government, and we will be one step closer to a permanent police state. Currently, the supreme court is out on a 3 month recess and I wonder how many of those five will return, or will one find reason to retire or have a sudden heart attack? Bush only needs one more friendly justice in the court and he controlls it.

Please read the decision and if you happen to have legal expertise please post your analasys here, even if you disagree with my reading of the court's opinion.

Thanks to all who read this, seek truth, and do something about it.