PDA

View Full Version : Radio Host Calls For Barrett's Arrest

Gold9472
07-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Radio Host Calls for Barrett’s Arrest

[Warning: the article that follows includes a mixture of satire and reportage of actual events. The Governor of Wisconsin and others who jump to conclusions based on hasty readings should slow down and read it carefully, with their sense of humor engaged, before going off half-cocked.]

After a week of enduring threats to his job from hysterical right-wing pundits, blowhard politicians, and even the Governor of Wisconsin for saying on a radio show that 9/11 was an inside job, Kevin Barrett received an even greater accolade when radio host Daryl Bradford Smith called for his arrest.

DBS, whose work has been viewed as anti-Semitic by many in the 9/11 truth movement, wrote:

Kevin Barrett is trying to shift blame for 9/11 away from Zionists and onto the Bush administration, and Rep. Stephen Nass want [sic] to blame 9/11 on Arabs.

Liars are fighting with other liars for control of the Gullible Goyim. All of these criminals^ need to be arrested. Don't fall for their deception. (http://www.iamthewitness.com/)

Barrett responded: “Sharing a cell with Steve Nass would boggle the imagination of Dante.^ Jessica McBride I could see. (astarghfu’llah!) But please, not Steve! I’ll do anything! I’ll utter awful anti-Semitic epithets! I’ll say that Osama is weely, weely evil! Just don’t lock me up with Steve Nass!”

Barrett expressed concern for the mental health of the lynch mob that is baying for his blood. “First we have Jessica McBride going into hysterics because she couldn’t make me say that Osama is evil. Then Steve Nass blubbers and blusters that if the University doesn’t fire me, that means they’d hire Hitler to teach. Mark Green howls that the University should just fire me ASAP without finishing their review. And Governor Doyle, bless his simple soul, misunderstands my satire and calls a press conference to question my fitness to teach. Somebody around here is crazy, but I’m not sure it’s me.”

Barrett remarked on the odd fact that many who disagree with him feel compelled to email him to tell him that he is crazy. “I don’t get it. If you think someone’s crazy, what is the point of emailing them to tell them so? If that person really IS crazy, your email isn’t going to help matters, is it? Emailing someone to tell them they’re crazy is itself a crazy thing to do. These people must have serious problems. I guess they’re projecting their own 9/11 anxieties on me. I see it as a cry for help.”

The latest addition to the lynch-Barrett-mob, Daryl Bradford Smith, seems to have mental health issues at least as serious as those of the other pundits, politicians and emailers. Smith’s obsession with things Jewish and Zionist, and now his insistence that Barrett and other st911 members be arrested as Zionist agents, suggest that the man is running low on thorazine.^ (Note: Please don’t tell Smith that a guy named Rothschild just wrote a sane, lucid article about Barrett – that could break the last, tenuous thread connecting DBS with reality and send him to the institution for life.)

The irony of a calm, lucid, rational university lecturer being widely reviled as a madman for speaking simple truth, pursued by a mob of lunatics howling that he is too crazy to teach, underscores the strangeness of the post-9/11 bizarro world we’re living in.

Smith’s statement that Barrett should be arrested for covering up Zionist crimes is ironic, since earlier this year Barrett was the target of a smear campaign by a WORT radio host who accused him of anti-Semitism for saying that Zionist influence on mainstream US media was a legitimate topic of inquiry. “I guess honest truth-seeking just drives people nuts,” Barrett said, shaking his head sadly.

Polls showing that 90% of respondents believe that Barrett should not be fired, and that a strong majority believes he is raising good questions about 9/11, indicate that politicians and journalists represent a minuscule lunatic-fringe, and that the majority of the population remains in reasonably good mental health.