PDA

View Full Version : Bush Admin. Has Acknowledged That Saudi Arabia Financing "Al-Qaeda" In Somalia

Gold9472
07-02-2006, 03:01 PM
SAUDIS HELP AL QAIDA REGIME IN SOMALIA

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2006/july/07_03_3.html

7/3/2006

WASHINGTON [MENL] -- The Bush administration has acknowledged that Saudi Arabia was financing the Al Qaida-aligned regime in Somalia.

Officials said Saudi Arabia has become a leading financier of the Islamic takeover of Somalia. The so-called Islamic Courts Union, headed by an Al Qaida commander wanted by the United States, has garnered most of its foreign support from Saudi Arabia and Yemen.

"I don't want to say the Saudi government is supporting any particular [Islamic] court," Assistant Secretary of State Jendayi Frazer said. "But I do know that there is money coming in from Saudi Arabia."

On June 29, Ms. Frazer told the House International Relations Committee that despite U.S. opposition Saudi funding was reaching the Al Qaida-aligned movement in Somalia. She said another U.S. ally, Yemen, has sent weapons to the new Islamic regime in Mogadishu

beltman713
07-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Ain't this some shit. Our "so called" allies. This is just typical bullshit par-for-the-course.
I read this earlier on rawstory.