PDA

View Full Version : FBI Entrapped Miami Plot Suspects: Lawyers

Gold9472
06-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Miami plot suspects entrapped: lawyers

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20060627/2006-06-27T102214Z_01_N26181903_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-SECURITY-USA-SUSPECTS-DC.html

(Gold9472: They needed more than a "terror threat", and they got it.)

Jun 27, 6:22 AM (ET)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Seven men charged with conspiring to bomb the Sears Tower in Chicago and the FBI building in Miami were entrapped by a federal informant, lawyers for two of the suspects said on Monday.

An indictment issued last week accused the men of pledging loyalty to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda and seeking the group's support to "wage war" against the U.S. government.

The person they thought was an al Qaeda representative was actually an FBI informant, U.S. Justice Department officials said.

Albert Levin, the court-appointed attorney for suspect Patrick Abraham, said he believes his client was ensnared by the informant.

There was "a lot of talking going on by the informant and more listening by the defendant and or the defendants," Levin told Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly.

Nathan Clarke, a lawyer for another suspect Rotschild Augustine, agreed.

"With respect to my client, from what I can read in the indictment, there's going to be a question of whether there's even sufficient evidence to sustain the burden of proof on conviction," Clarke said.

"If by any chance there's a scintilla of that then, of course, there's going to be the entrapment issue," he said.

"This thing took place over eight months, according to the indictment and at the end of the indictment, it says that this thing became disorganized and nobody had ever done anything or did anything," Clarke said.

Abraham, Augustine and three other men arrested on Thursday in Miami appeared briefly in a magistrate's court on Friday.

Another suspect arrested in Atlanta made his initial court appearance there on Friday. The seventh suspect, arrested in the Miami area earlier last week on a probation violation, was scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.

Eckolaker
06-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Like Im going to believe that 7 african-american gangsters from miami had plans to take down the sears tower in chicago.

I hate to stereo-type people, but I know black people, they dont do this type of shit.

PhilosophyGenius
06-27-2006, 03:55 PM
This reminds me of that thing police to where they get a chick to act like a prostitute and then solicite sex. I hate that shit.

borepstein
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Like Im going to believe that 7 african-american gangsters from miami had plans to take down the sears tower in chicago.

I hate to stereo-type people, but I know black people, they dont do this type of shit.

So far, there have been no info indicating those people belonged to any known criminal gang. As for your attempt at a racial stereotype - well, I am not sure what you are basing it on. I know some black people too, and they are as capable as any other race - in both the good and the bad sense of the word.

Now, while the case against those 7 guys seems extremely weak, I still need to say that I believe it utterly wrong to either automatically accuse or automatically exonerate anyone based upon their ethnic or religious background.

princesskittypoo
06-27-2006, 05:19 PM

i know white people... they don't do this type of shit eigther but look at oklahoma city.

Eckolaker
06-27-2006, 06:09 PM
So far, there have been no info indicating those people belonged to any known criminal gang. As for your attempt at a racial stereotype - well, I am not sure what you are basing it on. I know some black people too, and they are as capable as any other race - in both the good and the bad sense of the word.

Now, while the case against those 7 guys seems extremely weak, I still need to say that I believe it utterly wrong to either automatically accuse or automatically exonerate anyone based upon their ethnic or religious background.

Im not saying they are or are not capable of these types of acts. Im just saying black people at least in this country arent prone to these types of actions. Its not in there nature.

Eckolaker
06-27-2006, 06:10 PM
i know white people... they don't do this type of shit eigther but look at oklahoma city.

Oklahoma City is really deserving of its own thread if not already started.

Gold9472
06-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Oklahoma City is really deserving of its own thread if not already started.

Here you go.

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9073

AuGmENTor
06-27-2006, 07:11 PM

Look at the evidence, and whats being withheld.. Alex Jones "Road To Tyranny" I think. It wasn't just a lone caucasian nut job. Several eyewitnesses saw a man of mid-eastern descent leaving the scene w/ mcVei
http://cortez.gnn.tv/blogs/15199/oklahoma_city_bombing_startling_evidence_proves_go vernment_cover_up