PDA

View Full Version : Do You Remember What Life Was Like Before 9/11?

Gold9472
06-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Eh? I remember there were never any "Terror Threats". What? Did "Terrorists" not exist before 9/11? I remember enjoying life for everything that it had to offer. I remember I had hair, and a girlfriend. I remember I used to enjoy playing the drums, and reading comic books, and going to movies.

What was life like for you?

AuGmENTor
06-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Truth be told, I was a drunken, coked out mess. Life is much better these days, save for this fuckin bullshit of my govt killin a bunch of ppl! Got sober just in time to watch the end days, YAY!!!!

AuGmENTor
06-26-2006, 09:54 PM
was that too much shrthnd 4 u?

borepstein
06-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Truth be told, I was a drunken, coked out mess. Life is much better these days, save for this fuckin bullshit of my govt killin a bunch of ppl! Got sober just in time to watch the end days, YAY!!!!

Well, it took some harsh shit to sober you up, but I am sure happy you kicked the habbit!

Not to worry - we've got a few days ahead of us, and no matter what everybody dies one day.

princesskittypoo
06-26-2006, 10:15 PM
i actually don't remember. it's been a daily thought of mine every since then. it's not so much a corner part of my life but it's still in my mind everyday.

aussie patriot
06-26-2006, 11:13 PM
I actually never really bothered much with stuff about the NWO and corruption in our goverments. I had a mate who talked about the NWO all the time and mentioned the government attacking it's own citizens to implement a police state, i used to laugh at him but after 9/11 i realised i should have listened to him all along.

PhilosophyGenius
06-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Life is basically the same for me exept there's more stuff to do online. And I didn't care to much about the news or politcs back then.

DeadMoney6545
06-27-2006, 01:36 AM
I remember before 9/11 I was a narrowed-minded young individual that thought he knew all there was to know and that conservative was the way to go...

I shiver sometimes when i realize how truly manipulated my mind was..

Cloak & Swagger
06-27-2006, 04:29 AM
Good thread.

I was a freshman college student at the time of 9/11.
I was and still am an artist. Mostly photography, video, and a little bit of acting.

Strangely enough, my biggest acting gig was when I was an extra in the movie Pearl Harbor.

While in college, my sociology professor had me do a report on 9/11.
At that time, I didn't conclude false flag operation. But I did conclude that it would likely lead to more restrictions of our freedoms, and possible lock down, as a result, America would self destruct from the inside out. I may not have known the culprits, but I was aware of the end result. I got an A.

I was somewhat suspicious of government at an early age.
Movies and music had the biggest influence, mostly music though.

While growing up I was very influenced by hip hop artists like Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, B.I.G. and many others.

Wu-Tang Clan, a New York based hip hop group would often talk about the global power structure, government corruption, and sometimes drifted into New World Order stuff. Stuff that at that time, the average pre-teen wasn't usually exposed to, and receptive of. But I was.

As the years went by, I went on with my life like most kids, but the warnings were all there, getting stronger as I got older.
Quick run down of some of the hip hop artists just before 2001 that provided warnings.

Busta Rhymes
Extinction Level Event (The Final World Front)

December 15, 1998
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/cloakandswaggeronlineimages2/extinction_level_event_the.jpg

Picture of New York getting wiped out. The opening track, titled: one year left, was a bit scary. Download it here (http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/73396/candsplaylist1/01%20There%27s%20Only%20One%20Year%20Left%21%21%21 %20%28Intro%29.mp3) [mp3 - right click save as]

Same year, 1998, Method Man of Wu-Tang Clan releases a track titled: Judgement Day.

Mos Def, 1999 and his song: "New World Water".

There were other artists at the time who were releasing warnings, but those are the few that immediately come to mind.
Hip Hop wasn't the only music that influenced my perspective.

Pink Floyd, and Tool also had an impact as well.

Eckolaker
06-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Honestly, life before 2001 was interesting for me.

I was in college, getting laid a lot and growing weed in the closet of my apartment.

I'll admit that the events of 9/11 woke me up to the reality of things. I've been a realist most of my life, but was very ignorant in many areas. I guess the best analogy is like waking up from the matrix.

In a semi-selfish outlook Im glad 9/11 happened, yet deeply saddened at the same time. On one hand we have the death of thousands due to treasonous acts committed by our own administration, and on the other we have an event of such magnitude that woke up millions to the truth. Some of which have taken up a crusade to spread the truth, and right the wrongs of this great nation.

Gold9472
04-15-2007, 10:31 PM
bump