PDA

View Full Version : Awww... Poor Fox News, Their Ratings Are Slipping

Gold9472
06-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Ailes Cracks Whip as Fox News Slips

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleID=CA6346894

By Staff -- Broadcasting & Cable, 6/26/2006 8:59:00 AM

Slackers at Fox News Channel, you’re on notice! Your boss is not pleased. Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes is on the warpath following his network’s recent ratings slump, and he won’t hesitate to clean house to turn things around.

So far during the second quarter, the No. 1 cable news channel’s primetime schedule has dropped 22% in its core 25-54 demo and 8% in total viewers. The first quarter was even worse.

Chief rival CNN has also dipped in recent weeks, but less dramatically, off 18% in the demo and 2% in total viewers.

Insiders say that, even though Fox News remains No. 1, Ailes is fuming over the complacency he senses among staffers.

Production values are slipping, and bookers aren’t competitive enough, relying too heavily on the same pool of faces and settling for authors or actors after they’ve already been on CNN or … gasp … MSNBC.

A full-page "Now Hiring" ad that ran recently in a trade magazine asked, "Can you make the cut?" Says one Fox staffer, that question was not addressed to outside applicants: "That was aimed inside."

Commenting through a spokesman last week, Ailes left no doubt: "Anyone who displays launch-type intensity will continue to have a job at Fox News. Those who don’t will not. And that includes talent."

AuGmENTor
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
"Anyone who displays launch-type intensity will continue to have a job at Fox News. Those who don’t will not. And that includes talent."

Sounds like he should give GW a job... He's got that "launch-type" intensity, FO SHO!!

aussie patriot
06-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I think many people are actually starting to wake up and turn away from the controlled media. Just reading a "newspaper" makes me angry and pissed off that anyone could actually believe the bollocks they waste paper on.
I get my news from www.infowars and other like minded sites.

PhilosophyGenius
06-26-2006, 11:38 PM
The majority of people don't watch the news unless there's something major going on such as a war and so forth...

princesskittypoo
06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
i use to not watch the news at all. then 9-11 happened and it was the only thing i watched. now i don't watch it anymore and get the majority of my news from here and by word of mouth. i'm a lot happier now than i was when i watched the news 24/7. i'm not sure if ignorance really is bliss but it's working for me in most cases. i'm not saying anything bad about trying to keep up with everything but if you want to take a break you might feel a little better about the world in general. of corse coming back just shows that "no one really cares about people" anymore mode....
i don't know what i'm saying... ignore me.