PDA

View Full Version : Only Fox News Is Allowed Into Gitmo

Gold9472
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Fox Gets ‘Fair And Balanced’ Access to Guantanamo

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/23/fox-gitmo/

Last week, the Pentagon “shut down access entirely” to the Guantanamo Bay prison after the suicide deaths of three detainees. Journalists covering the suicides had their clearances revoked and were immediately flown back to the United States, and regular visits between detainees and their lawyers were cancelled. Human rights groups protested:

This press crackdown is the administration’s latest betrayal of fundamental American values. The Bush Administration is afraid of American reporters, afraid of American attorneys and afraid of American laws.

Afraid of American journalists, that is, as long as they’re not from Fox. This morning, Fox News analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano described how the Defense Department had personally invited him on a trip to Guantanamo on Wednesday:

NAPOLITANO: I was doing my radio show with Brian Kilmeade the other day and I get an email from the Defense Department saying, “We have an extra seat on a flight down to Guantanamo, would you like to come?” So, of course, I cleared it all — I cleared it here with our superiors. …

HOST: What’d you see?

NAPOLITANO: Well, we saw everything. … We saw all six camps. … We had FBI interviews, I actually sat down and examined the evidence they’re going to use at trial with prosecutors. It was very detailed.

HOST: That was some kind of access.

NAPOLITANO: It was. It was great.

Napolitano offered his fair and balanced review of conditions at the prison: among other glowing reviews, he claimed it is “now gentle, almost child-like the way they treat the detainees.”

Satan
06-24-2006, 09:48 PM
We don't want them to know the truth, Fox news will do our bidding.

Gold9472
06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
We don't want them to know the truth, Fox news will do our bidding.

Shoo.

Satan
06-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Shoo.
Did someone pass gas?

AuGmENTor
06-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah they only let the ones in who will report what they're TOLD to.... Man, these fuckers. Gold I was reading one of yor threads titled revolution, from feb of '05, and you asked when it comes down to that. Well, I'm ready dammit.

Gold9472
06-24-2006, 11:05 PM
The Revolution is already happening dude.

AuGmENTor
06-24-2006, 11:06 PM
splain pleeze