PDA

View Full Version : U.S. To Create List Of 'Unstable' Nations

Gold9472
03-30-2005, 01:35 PM
U.S. to create list of 'unstable' nations

United Press International
March 29, 2005

WASHINGTON, March 29 (UPI) -- U.S. intelligence experts are preparing a list of 25 countries deemed unstable and, thus, candidates for intervention.

The National Intelligence Council, a State Department office that collates intelligence for strategic planning, will compose and revise the secret list every six months, the Financial Times reported Tuesday.

Carlos Pascual, a former ambassador who now heads the newly formed agency, said the NIC would identify countries of "greatest instability and risk" to clarify priorities and allocate resources.

Pascual said conflict prevention and postwar reconstruction had become a "mainstream foreign-policy challenge" because of the dangers of terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.

Copyright 2005 by United Press International.
All rights reserved

somebigguy
03-30-2005, 02:06 PM
I believe U.S. is first on the list.

danceyogamom
03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I believe U.S. is first on the list.

no kidding!

according to Amnesty International, the US still pursues the death penalty in cases involving the mentally unstable (breaking international laws):

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/mental_illness.html

and until this month the US was one of 5 countries on the planet who sought the death penalty for minors involved in capital crimes:

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_1842.shtml

princesskittypoo
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
i use to be pro death penalty untill recently when i "saw the light".
Now i think the entire penatenturary (don't know how to spell that word) system oooooohhhh penal system *giggles* should be revamped. So that if you do a crime (whatever crime it be) there's something to not look forward to in your future. Cause right now you could go to jail and sit on your ass watching tv all day or doing some recreational fitness all day long. Put them back in chain gangs and see how many people will look forward to going back to prison...
ok that statement may not have made total sence.