PDA

View Full Version : Robert Baer - Fmr. CIA - Comments On 9/11 "Inside Job" Possibilities - Audio Inside

Gold9472
06-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Former CIA Member Robert Baer Comments on 9/11 'Inside Job' Possibilities
Thanks to www.911blogger.com

http://www.911blogger.com/2006/06/former-cia-member-robert-baer-comments.html

Thom Hartmann interviews Robert Baer
(2MB MP3 - 9min 37sec (http://www.911podcasts.com/files/audio/HartmannBaer.mp3))

Robert Baer is a former CIA member who has authored several books, and served as the basis for the recent movie Syrianna. In this interview they discuss 9/11, possible ties between Iran and Bin Laden, the ways in which some have profited from 9/11, and motives.

Here is a quick transcript:
Hartmann: ..by writing fiction you have been able to say some of the things that the CIA wouldn't let you say in non-fiction, is that an accurate statement?

Baer: Absolutely, you know the two things the CIA wouldn't let me write about - the Iranian connection to 9/11, and number two I get to take on these fictional truths - and they are fictional truths surrounding 9/11 - the whole conspiracy theory idea of what other countries were involved, was an individual involved - an American. Questions like that, and put it into dramatic art.

[..]

Hartmann: Was Iran involved - what countries were involved in 9/11?

Baer: I think that at some level there was Saudi involvement [..] 15 were from Saudi Arabia [..] a lot of the money came from Saudi Arabia, but nobody's been indicted.

[talk about Bin Laden family, Arbusto connections, ongoing meetings with Saudi's on 9/11]

Baer: The other question is Iran, who setup a strategic relationship with Bin laden in 1996 - this I know for sure, and there are a lot of questions out there.

Hartmann: But Bin laden is a Sunni Arab, and Iran is a Shia country - why would they do that?

Baer: Yeah.. tactical alliances, anything that is anti-American - anything that will cause the United States problems..

[talks of brief Iran mention in 9/11 commission report, and hijacker prior knowledge and cover up]

Hartmann: In your opinion was there - and we just learned here that Judy Miller could have blown the 9/11 story in July of 2001 and that might have caused it not to have happened. [..] Were there folks inside the United States government who would profit tremendously - perhaps politically rather than financially [..] - who would have profited from 9/11 who worked to allow 9/11 to happen?

Baer: Well let me put it this way - a lot of people have profited from 9/11. You are seeing great fortunes made - whether they are on the stock market, or selling weapons, or just contractors - great fortunes are being made. [..] You have to ask that question, is it possible to profit from 9/11 and hide it? Yes. I have talked to accounting firms, I know how it is done - layered accounts, etc.

Hartmann: What about political profit? There are those who suggest that G.W. Bush, and or Cheney, Rumsfeld, Feith, Pearl, Wolfowitz - someone in that chain of command [..] had pretty good knowledge that 9/11 was gunna happen - and really didn't do much to stop it - or even obstructed efforts to stop it because they thought it would lend legitimacy to Bush's [..] failing presidency.

Baer: Absolutely, I mean you know [..] what we are doing is looking at motivation. I mean how can you - with the intelligence we knew that indicted Saudi Arabia and Iran - how can you go to war with Iraq and lie about connections between bin laden and Saddam? that was an out and out lie - they knew there was no connection. [..]

[..]

Baer: This is what they wanted to do, they needed a pretext to go into Iraq.

[..]

Hartmann: So are you personally of the opinion [..] that there was an aspect of 'inside job' to 9/11 within the U.S. government?

Baer: There is that possibility, the evidence points at it.

Hartmann: And why is it not being investigated?

Baer: Why isn't the WMD story being investigated? Why isn't anyone been held accountable for 9/11? [..] Why has there been no change in command? Why hasn't there been any sort of exposure on this?

[..]

Baer: There are answers out there, I've got pieces of the story [..]

A big thanks goes to Thom Hartmann for asking a few tough questions, and to PsyOpsJihad for this great submission!