PDA

View Full Version : The Zogby Poll: Light At The End Of the Tunnel?

Gold9472
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
The Zogby Poll: Light at the End of the Tunnel?

http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the_zogby_poll_light_at_the_end_of_the_tunnel/009384

by Dr. Robert Dickson Crane
5/24/2006

One can’t fool all Americans all the time. One can’t even fool all Americans some of the time. One can fool some Americans all the time. And one can fool most Americans some of the time, but even these not for long.

The highly regarded Zogby polling organization reports that more than 70 million American adults support a new 9/11 investigation, 42% believe there has indeed been a cover up (with 10% unsure), and 45% think “Congress or an International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including whether any U.S. government officials consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success” (with 8% unsure). Perhaps future polls can even establish a trend line.

As a lawyer, I’ve always been impartial on this issue, first dismissing American complicity as simply off-the-wall and as a figment of Muslim paranoia. The evidence incriminating the Neo-Cons in one way or another with 9/11 is largely circumstantial, but over the years it has become rather impressive. Nevertheless, there is nowhere near a preponderance of the evidence. What bothers me is that most of the circumstantial evidence probably could easily be rebutted, but no effort has been made to do so. For example, the recent photos of an explosion at the Pentagon can be useful as evidence only after all the other impounded film documentation is released, and only after parts of the supposed plane are produced. The failure to do so amounts to further incrimination by circumstantial evidence.

It is refreshing to see that Americans cannot be led like blind sheep to the slaughter. After the model democracy of the Weimar Republic was subverted by the Nazis, and after most Germans actively supported Hitler and many either actively or tacitly supported the holocaust, I always thought that the same could happen in America under the right conditions. Now, I have reason for hope that the Great American Experiment can survive even the NeoCon ideology of global conquest. If Americans can survive even an attack like 9/11, then our system for peaceful regime change in order to recover our founding principles may survive after all.

This issue of criminal conspiracy should and could be put to rest only after the Neo-Cons are out of office, and it should be done under the authority of the Attorney General of the United States, like alleged crimes against humanity were addressed in South Africa and Rwanda, perhaps with unofficial observers from the United Nations. I always thought that the Nuernberg Trials (which I spent considerably time observing at the time in Nuernberg while writing a book on the Holocaust and on the German Underground) should have been carried out under the authority of the Germans themselves, as the Iraqis are now doing with their own, and we should do with ours. This is the only way that America can recover its reputation for promoting a universal standard of justice in the world.

Ignatius Riley
05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
The state now has systems in place to totally stifle dissidents, from media control to a dictatorial command structure over a police state legal system. All they need is an event to catalyze their desires to clamp down hard and indefinitely. On an immediate basis fighters must:

1) Resist any and every attempt to regulate the internet in any manner.
2) Heavily promote the National 911 Debate on 9/16 in Charleston, SC. This is an incredible opportunity for maximal use of a nonviolent event that could spark positive change