PDA

View Full Version : Hijacked Truth?

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Hijacked Truth?
Skeptics suspect government behind 9/11

http://www.911blogger.com/files/images/gold_herald2_web.jpg

(Gold9472: This is due out in today's edition of the Norristown Times Herald in my neck of the woods. First, I would like to thank Keith Phucas for giving what I think is a fair assessment considering the amount of space he was alotted, compared to the amount of information available regarding 9/11. Secondly, I would like to say that it's an honor to appear in the same article as Dr. Griffin. It is a shame that Mr. Phucas didn't mention some of the more incriminating evidence I mentioned during our talk (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10110). Mention of Sibel Edmonds, or Norman Mineta would have really made this article shine.

He has said that he will like to continue covering this, and is currently in the middle of reading "Crossing The Rubicon". Keep in mind, this is someone who covered Rep. Weldon during the Able Danger hearings. I think he knows something is up, but I think he needs some help. Feel free to send him some emails to let him know what you think.)

http://www.timesherald.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=16670601&BRD=1672&PAG=461&dept_id=33380&rfi=8

By KEITH PHUCAS
Times Herald Staff
5/21/2006

Plymouth - While the 9/11 Commission Report inquiry has its share of critics, Jonathan Gold's misgivings about the official findings go far beyond skepticism. In fact, the 33-year-old Plymouth Meeting resident is convinced the report is covering up Bush administration complicity in the deadly terrorist attacks.

Gold's unorthodox view has caused many jaws to drop and heads to shake. When asked for proof, he calmly rattles off a long list of like-minded people, and what he called a growing body of "evidence" that the government orchestrated the attacks as a pretext for the global war on terror.

"There's so much evidence out there," he said.

For those who scoff at him, he recommends comparing the official 9/11 account to the Cooperative Research Center's Sept. 11 times lines, reading David Griffin's "The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions" and entries on 911Truth.org just for starters.

A quick glance at the Internet's voluminous material critical of the 9/11 Commission Report leaves no doubt that the 2004 publication has become this generation's Warren Report.

Gold was not always a skeptic, admitting his conversion to 9/11 truth seeker was a gradual process. But by 2002, he was convinced the official story was a monumental cover-up.

His suspicion grew with the Bush administration's initial reluctance to cooperate with a probe into the Sept. 11 attacks, and when former Sen. Tom Daschle was asked to limit the scope of the investigation.

Considering nearly 3,000 people had been killed, Gold was irked it took the Sept. 11 survivors - dubbed "The Jersey Girls" - 441 days to persuade the administration to hold public hearings on the disaster.

"If you had a loved one murdered, would you want the police to wait to investigate the crime?" He asked.

There are still too many unanswered questions and inconsistencies, according to 911Truth.org, an advocacy group that wants to expose what its media coordinator Mike Berger called "the government's official conspiracy theory" that took the nation to war.

"The reason we are doing this is we believe the attacks were used to justify our unpopular foreign policy decisions," Berger said.

As a member of 9/11 Truth's steering committee, Gold spent many hours on the Internet reading about the disaster and writing for his online bulletin board, yourbbsuck.com, but eventually gave up the committee duties because it was too time consuming.

The truth adherent's views vary, Gold said, but many believe that the World Trade Center towers were rigged with explosives to ensure their collapse, that the Pentagon may have been hit by a missile instead of an airliner and that Flight 93 crashed in Shanksville after it was shot down.

"I believe it was shot down," Gold said.

The 9/11 Truth site questions why the U.S. air defense system failed to intercept the airliner that struck the Pentagon, and why Bush lingered at the Florida school after hearing of the Trade Center was hit. Some say the president's dawdling is just more proof that he had prior knowledge of the attacks.

Griffin, a retired professor Claremont School of Theology in California, studied the day's times lines and the official report, and concluded jet fighters that should have been scrambled within minutes to intercept the hijacked planes were ordered not to take off.

By the time F-16 jets from Langley Air Force Base, in Hampton, Va., were in the air at 9:30 a.m., it was too late to pursue Flight 77 that crashed into the Pentagon eight minutes later. The base is more than 100 miles from Pentagon.

Though the 9/11 Report details delays and confused communications between the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) during the hijackings, Griffin sees something sinister.

"I was struck by the contradictions of why there were no (fighter jet) interceptions," Griffin said. "I think it was just an old-fashioned stand down order."

Justification for allowing the terrorist attacks was foreshadowed, Griffin said, in "Rebuilding America's Defense," written in 2000 by the neo-conservative group, Project for The New American Century.

The project's members included Vice President Dick Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, former Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and current United Nations ambassador John Bolton.

"It's kind of scary when you think about it, because these are the people now in power," Gold said.

Griffin said the "neo-cons" anticipated going to war in Afghanistan and Iraq long before the Sept. 11 attacks to ensure a steady supply of oil.

"This was a perfect fit for a neo-conservative plot . to get absolute military authority," he said.

Temple University psychology professor Frank Farley called the 9/11 skeptics' notions ridiculous.

"It just doesn't pass the test of reasonableness," he said.

Government conspiracy myths have a long history in popular culture, Farley said, but now kooky ideas spread like wild fire with the millions of Internet users online and few qualified authorities to vet outrageous claims.

"The Internet just feeds (conspiracy claims)," he said. "In a world of information overload, it's getting harder and harder to separate the wheat from the chaff."

While Farley predicted the explosion of misinformation would only get worse over time, Spencer Meredith, a political science professor at New York's Rochester Institute of Technology, was more optimistic.

"The impact of this is negligible, and long-term it's marginal," Meredith said. People who believe the government is malicious and highly capable of wrongdoing are more inclined to buy into 9/11 conspiracy theories, Meredith said.

"It starts with a mistrust of government," he said. "They don't like Bush."

For anyone doubting Flight 77 didn't crash into the Pentagon, Arlington County Fire Department Chief Scott McKay begs to differ. He and Arlington firefighters were the first on the disaster scene Sept. 11 and worked on shoring up the collapsed structure.

"Inside the building, there was a (airline) nose gear with wheels and passenger seats," he said, as well as human remains.

As for the World Trade Center towers, the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) spent more than three years analyzing the collapses, according to Michael Newman, a NIST spokesman, and published its "Final Report on the Collapse of the World Trade Towers" in 2005.

To perform the evaluation, the federal agency used 236 pieces of steel from the ground zero site, studied thousands of video and still pictures of the catastrophe and simulated the impacts and fires in several laboratories.

The study concluded that the airliners' extreme impacts severed the buildings' perimeter support columns, and the subsequent fires weakened other exposed steel.

"(The crashes) dislodged so much of the fire-proofing material (on the supports), that it left a lot of steel vulnerable to the fire," Newman said.

If the fire-proofing had not been torn away, the towers would have remained standing, he said.

The NIST report did not find any evidence that the towers had been sabotaged with explosives, as 911 Truth advocates have suggested.

"These folks have a right to their opinion," Newman said. "But we spent three-and-a-half years on the investigation and wrote recommendations, and we stand behind them."

Keith Phucas can be reached at kphucas@timesherald.com or 610-272-2500, ext. 211.

PhilosophyGenius
05-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Hey your in the newspaper now!

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Hey your in the newspaper now!

Yep.

PhilosophyGenius
05-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Must be pretty cool knowing people in your neighbor that you knew growing up could possibly see your name and what your all about now.

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Must be pretty cool knowing people in your neighbor that you knew growing up could possibly see your name and what your all about now.

Ha. Nobody in this neighborhood knows who I am... well, barely anybody...

PhilosophyGenius
05-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Ha. Nobody in this neighborhood knows who I am... well, barely anybody...

I mean like old high school buddies or whatever. Or the guy who use to give you wedgies in the bathroom or steal your lunch money and is working at McD's now.

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm trying to find out how many people this paper reaches. I know it's everywhere...

jetsetlemming
05-21-2006, 02:59 AM
As a member of 9/11 Truth's steering committee, Gold spent many hours on the Internet reading about the disaster and writing for his online bulletin board, yourbbsuck.com, but eventually gave up the committee duties because it was too time consuming.

Damn, Gold, that sucks, eh? I think it's probably too late to fix that....

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Ah well.

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Wow... they did a really good job with the layout, and information.

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 09:27 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~gold9472/heraldjon.JPG

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 09:30 AM
FRONT PAGE!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~gold9472/heraldfrontpage.JPG

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 09:52 AM
That's the first time I did a search for 9/11 news on google, and my name came up. Surreal.

Good Doctor HST
05-21-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm trying to find out how many people this paper reaches. I know it's everywhere...

You just made a Sunday edition of a newspaper that reaches from anywhere in Philadelphia to Allentown. I even think I've seen it in Harrisburg at various places I've stopped on my way to work. Many, many, many, many people are going to be reading this article.

I mean, the number of subscribers... + everyone who just buys the Sunday paper for coupons and classifieds..... this article is going to be a big deal.

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 10:15 AM
You just made a Sunday edition of a newspaper that reaches from anywhere in Philadelphia to Allentown. I even think I've seen it in Harrisburg at various places I've stopped on my way to work. Many, many, many, many people are going to be reading this article.

I mean, the number of subscribers... + everyone who just buys the Sunday paper for coupons and classifieds..... this article is going to be a big deal.

I hope so.

princesskittypoo
05-21-2006, 11:07 AM
yey! i'm proud of you!

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 12:02 PM
yey! i'm proud of you!

Thank you sweety.

pcteaser
05-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Congratulations Jon! You look great in print :)

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Congratulations Jon! You look great in print :)

Thank you... :)

PhilosophyGenius
05-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Congrats! But the picture of you looked like you looked like you were focusing really hard on posing sexy. hehe

Just kidding. Another great addition to yoru resume!

PhilosophyGenius
05-21-2006, 02:41 PM
And make sure you study this in case republicans or red necks in that area recognize you from this article and catch you slippin while your on the streets...

http://yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10206

jetsetlemming
05-21-2006, 04:15 PM
That's boring.

PhilosophyGenius
05-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I just sent Keith an email in support of this article. Hopefully they'll have you back if we all email him and the newspaper.

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Cool...

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I just sent this to Randi Rhodes, and asked to be on...

Gold9472
05-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Montgomery County, PA

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/42/42091.html

Population, 2004 estimate: 774,029

PhilosophyGenius
05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
I just sent this to Randi Rhodes, and asked to be on...

That would be -bad ass- if you were on her show.

Gold9472
05-22-2006, 01:23 PM
http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20060522112948142

Tonya
05-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I hope they do follow up on this with more damning specific info. It is a good way to introduce the community to reading it in their paper though. Great spread too. Now, they are set to get into deeper investigation.

PhilosophyGenius
05-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Here's the reply I got from Keith:

I appreciate your kind words. I'd like to get more in depth with future 911 Truth articles, and I could use your help.

I've encouraged David Griffin and Jon Gold to barrage my editors with e-mail from 911 Truth seekers, so that I can continue to write about this subject.

And I'd appreciate it very much, if you would also fire off e-mails to my editors to encourage them to let me cover more about 911 Truth. My editor is Stan Huskey (shuskey@timesherald.com (shuskey@timesherald.com)), and the managing editor's name is Gordon Glantz (gglantz@timesherald.com (gglantz@timesherald.com)). I think it could work wonders. If you know any like-minded truth seekers, encourage them to read my article and send e-mail as well.

We're starving for readers, and this subject could give us a shot in the arm and create lots of interest.

Thanks for your interest and feedback. I appreciate it.

By the way, where are you from? Are you a local reader or from out of town?

Keith

Wow I feel like a real 9/11 Truther now! I owe that part to Gold for teaching me everything I need to know in a span of a few months.

I e-mailed him back saying he should post on this site, I'd help make sure that his editors would be emailed so that they would have more 9/11 Truth articles, and other stuff.

Gold9472
05-23-2006, 08:32 AM
Cool.

Gold9472
05-25-2006, 08:35 AM
There's a comments section on the news story... I wanted to post what's there...

Why Are Your Wasting Time On This Strange Person?
What an odd, sad little fellow this Jonathan Gold appears to be. Did you do any research into his credibility before printing this drivel? Thanks for a good laugh!!

Mike Brown, Philadelphia, PA

Hijacked truth?
Keith, thanks for providing us with another stimulating article. Personally, I will have to disagree with Jonathan Gold's beliefs that the findings of the 9/11 Commission Report were inaccurate. I believe that the 9/11 attack was a one-of-a-kind type which will probably never occur again. Why? Because for these attacks to have occurred, three levels of security had to have failed. Such laxness should have never occurred. The three levels breached are: (1) Intelligence Community's country-wide surveillance network, (2) Logan Airport's security checkin, and (3) Airline pilots failing to secure the doors to the cockpit. Three levels of security should never fail as they did during 9/11.

William Hewgley, Kingston, Tennessee

Government"s "kooky, ridiculous" conspiracy theories
KEITH PHUCAS should have consulted with an "expert" who was not so woefully ignorant of the facts surrounding 9/11. For Professor Farley to suggest that 9/11 skeptics' notions are "ridiculous" is in itself ridiculous. It appears Farley has done, not just little research on the subject, but NO research. If he had, he would find voluminous evidence that the only "kooky" idea, in regards to 911, is the government's "official conspiracy theory." Example: WTC #7 was not hit by an airplane and yet, several hours after the twin towers went down, (around 5:30 p.m.) WTC #7 also imploded in a neat pile in the free-fall time of 7 seconds. And yet, there is not even a mention of WTC #7 in the official government report about the events of 9/11. Now that is the definition of "ridiculous."

Debra Trojan, Napa, California

I dont like Bush, but...
This conspiracy stuff is pure insanity. I suppose the "missile" that hit the pentagon was shaped just like a 747?

t.j., norristown

Building #7
Building #7 is the absolute smoking gun. All three buildings were brought down by controlled demolition but #7 wasn't even hit by a plane! Just watch the video of it's collapse and it's obvious that it was rigged with explosives. I would love to hear the defenders of the government's official account explain that one. I'll be waiting.

Boyd Holmes, Decatur, Illinois

Great Truth Videos about 9/11
You can get a lot of the full story by watching videos at 911TrueStory.com
http://www.911TrueStory.com

Marty, TN

tower#7
When 2 multi-million ton buildings come crashing down, that force will cause other buildings (tower 7) to collapse as well. This is no conspiracy, more like "dominoes", or a "chain reaction".

Whats up with the derogatory comments about the author of this very objective article? Oh yeah, when there are no strong supporting facts to your argument, the next best strategy is a personal attack.

t.j., norristown

Should be more critical
What began as a rather straightforward and unbiased account of the 9/11 Truth movement, seems to have succumbed, unfortunately, to the old tactic of psychopathologizing those who are skeptical of the official story

It is even more unfortunate that Mr. Phucas concludes the article by mentioning the NIST report while failing to mention any criticism of the report, such as the one written by Jim Hoffman: http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/nist/index.html

I suggest we look at all the facts before we uncritically give the government-sponsored NIST investigation the final word.

Scott, Los Angeles, CA

No Title
It is disheartening to hear some of your reader's comments who quickly dismiss Mr. Gold's assertions. I challenge your reader to review the available evidence of what we know happened on 9/11 and reach their own conclusions. Why is it somehow nutty to think our government could have a role in these events? Are we not learning from history and how the American government has previously fabricated information to justify attacking other countries? Doesn't Iran have our weapons via the Iran-Contra Scandal? Wasn't it just a few years ago the American government was supporting Osama Bin-Laden and supplying his "terrorist" with weapons. I implore readers to do their homework.

As Americans, do you find it acceptable that our government had foreknowledge of pending attacks from at least 11 different nations and did nothing? Do you find it acceptable that their has been no investigation of significant "put" options on American and United Airlines the week before the attack?; Do you find it acceptable that our military was unable to protect the Pentagon despite having 90 minutes to respond? Do you find it acceptable that Bush sat in a classroom for almost 30 minutes with full knowledge that the nation was under attack?; Do you find it acceptable that the man known to be responsible for funding the terrorist was in Washington DC meeting with our representatives on the day of the attacks?; Do you find it acceptable that a 47 story building (WTC-7 which housed several key government agencies) fell at free-fall speed at 5pm despite no steel-structured building ever falling in history and was not reported in the 9/11 Commission report; and do you find it acceptable that our government quickly shipped away the evidence at Ground Zero overseas before a truly independent investigation took place?

I do not know how Americans tolerate these actions of our government. One of the worst events in history happened on 9/11 and no time was taken to really understand why these events were allowed to happen. This is the true insult to those who died and the families that now grieve. We should be raising our voice in anger and calling for a true independent investigation (your homework will show you the 9/11 Commission was a joke). So before you criticize Mr. Gold, please do your homework.

Jake O'Neill
Greenville, South Carolina
Jake O'Neill, Greenville, South Carolina

well done
You know you have written a good article when it sparks this much dialog. :-)

t.j., Norristown, PA

somebigguy
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Good stuff Jon.

Gold9472
05-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Some of it was.

jetsetlemming
05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Wow, besides two people, all of those were from outside PA.

PhilosophyGenius
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
My favorites:

Why Are Your Wasting Time On This Strange Person?
What an odd, sad little fellow this Jonathan Gold appears to be. Did you do any research into his credibility before printing this drivel? Thanks for a good laugh!!

Mike Brown, Philadelphia, PA

I dont like Bush, but...
This conspiracy stuff is pure insanity. I suppose the "missile" that hit the pentagon was shaped just like a 747?

t.j., norristown

PhilosophyGenius
05-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Guys, don't forget:

Please encourage others to barrage my editors explaining why I should continue the 911 Truth inquiry. The sooner the better. Feel free to post the e-mail message, just don't send it accidentally to my editors -- shuskey@timesherald.com (shuskey@timesherald.com) and gglantz@timesherald.com (gglantz@timesherald.com).

Gold9472
05-26-2006, 09:59 PM
FYI, I just got off the phone with Keith Phucas (the guy who wrote the article), and he's writing a piece on the Zogby Poll...

He's doing a story that will be out in Monday's paper, and he wanted to get my input. I told him to emphasize the non-existent media coverage. That this DESERVES attention, etc... and I told him the thing about the poll that stood out to me most was the fact that 45% of voting Americans suspect the Government, "consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success", and they want a new investigation.

Gold9472
05-28-2006, 01:20 PM
WOOOOOOO!!!

Top 40 Most Read Stories For The Past Week

1. Hijacked truth?
Read 1400 times.

By: KEITH PHUCAS
05/21/2006

While the 9/11 Commission Report inquiry has its share of critics, Jonathan Gold's misgivings about the official findings go far beyond skepticism. In fact, the 33-year-old Plymouth Meeting resident is convinced the report is covering up Bush adm