PDA

View Full Version : Jack Cafferty Says We're On The Verge Of Becoming A Full Blown Dictatorship

beltman713
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/11.html#a8245

Jack Cafferty Says We're On The Verge Of Becoming A Full Blown Dictatorship

Go to Crook & Liars (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/11.html#a8245) to see the video.

Jack Cafferty didn't hold back today:

Cafferty: "We all hope nothing happens to Arlen Specter, the Republican head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, cause he might be all that stands between us and a full blown dictatorship in this country. He's vowed to question these phone company executives about volunteering to provide the government with my telephone records, and yours, and tens of millions of other Americans.

Shortly after 9/11, AT7T, Verizon, and BellSouth began providing the super-secret NSA with information on phone calls of millions of our citizens, all part of the War on Terror, President Bush says. Why don't you go find Osama bin Laden, and seal the country's borders, and start inspecting the containers that come into our ports?

The President rushed out this morning in the wake of this front page story in USA Today and declared the government is doing nothing wrong, and all this is just fine. Is it? Is it legal? Then why did the Justice Department suddenly drop its investigation of the warrantless spying on citizens because the NSA said Justice Department lawyers didn't have the necessary security clearance to do the investigation. Read that sentence again. A secret government agency has told our Justice Department that it's not allowed to investigate it. And the Justice Department just says ok and drops the whole thing. We're in some serious trouble, boys and girls"

Tonya
05-11-2006, 09:12 PM
----The President rushed out this morning in the wake of this front page story in USA Today and declared the government is doing nothing wrong, and all this is just fine----

Today I was watching CBN ( I like to know what b.s they are spewing) and I almost choked on the food I was eating. Their "news reporter" was reporting on the USA Today story about the NSA wiretapping. The reporter then went to Pat for his comments and this is what blew my mind. Pat Robertson went off! Usually he gets all worked up about liberals and whatever but this time he went off on our gov.. He first admitted that he had supported Bush in this wiretapping as far as national security efforts go in trying to track terrorists but that this was going too far. He said that he didn't want his phone tapped and that this was "Outrageous". He said something about this being something worth protesting. He also said that this was "BIG BROTHER" and "crossed the line". He also questioned whether is was legal.

Anyway, I just thought that if Pat Robertson isn't lining up behind Bush on this and is telling his brain washed followers that this has "crossed the line" and mentioning protest and big brother, that maybe, just maybe some of those followers will start to think "hey, maybe this is going too far". I don't know but it makes me sick that some people are such Bush supporters that they will never admit that he has gone too far. And some of these hardcore supporters listen to Pat Robertson. People like my mother. I guess I am just pleased to see that even the most devoted will start to question Bush.

Just my two cents.

P.S. I don't know how to upload the video, but if you want to watch the clip for yourself go to: http://www.cbn.com/700club/ and then click on the icon to watch the 700 club show on video. Forward the realplayer to about 15min and 54 sec in and that is where the reporter starts on the story, at about 16 min. and 29 sec in is when Pat starts his comments on the story.

PhilosophyGenius
05-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I've seen CNB a couple times too. Some of the stuff was pretty funny like Pat Robertsons weight loss challenge. They also read some email where a girl left her university because there were "homosexuals and devil worshipers" there and Pat was giving her advice on that.