PDA

View Full Version : The Murder Of Oklahoma City Police Department Sgt. Terrence Yeakley

Gold9472
05-06-2006, 12:11 PM
The Murder of Oklahoma City Police Department Sgt. Terrance Yeakey

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20060505151112667

May 8, 1996

– Still Seeking the Truth, Ten Years Later –

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, May 4, 2006
CONTACT: Christopher Emery, okctruth@cox.ne/Cell: 505.980.5422

A press conference will be held Monday, May 8, 2006 from 1:30 to 2:30 PM across the street from the Oklahoma City Police Department Headquarters located at 701 Colcord Street - just west of downtown Oklahoma City.

The purpose of this press conference is to commemorate the seven years of service Sgt. Yeakey offered to his fellow officers and the citizens of Oklahoma City. Monday, May 8, 2006, will mark the ten year anniversary of the day he was murdered and found abandoned in a U.S. Bureau of Prisons farm field 23 miles west of downtown Oklahoma City and less than two miles from the front gate of the El Reno Federal Prison.

Furthermore, Sgt. Yeakey's death was NEVER properly investigated according to the basic standards of criminal law. Consequently, his death was erroneously ruled a suicide vs. an unsolved homicide.

Those attending the press conference will be family members and close friends of Sgt. Yeakey, his former law enforcement colleagues, retired military personnel, investigative journalists and documentary film producers. In addition, survivors of the OKC bombing will attend to pay their respects and lend their support. Sgt. Yeakey was remembered by several bombing survivors as being the very first OCPD officer on the scene at the A.P. Murrah federal building the morning of April 19, 1995.

"Though it was originally written up as a suicide, I feel the evidence and facts point to a torture/homicide. I will explain why I feel this way and why I would like you to re-open the case and examine it further ... I know that your homicide investigators have many current cases to work. But this victim is one of your officers and I know that in the Tulsa Police Department, we would not rest until we got to the bottom of an officer's death and put all questions to rest."

Excerpt from a letter dated May 1, 2006 to OCPD Chief William Citty from Ret. Tulsa P.D. Investigator W. Craig Roberts calling for a FIRST EVER investigation of Sgt. Yeakey's death.

The Yeakey family members, their supporters and colleagues who are working very hard to open a legitimate investigation of Sgt. Yeakey's death would appreciate any support you would be willing to offer to garner more publicity about this very important part of Oklahoma City history.

Sgt. Yeakey put his life on the line every day he served as an OCPD officer. What are you willing to do to correct the official record of his passing and bring justice towards the people responsible for his death? His family, children and friends deserve to know the truth.