PDA

View Full Version : Another Look At The August 6th PDB

Gold9472
01-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Another Look At The August 6th, PDB

Here is some of a transcript from an interview between Tim Russert and Dick Cheney. This was obtained from www.whitehouse.gov. This is Dick Cheney's explanation of what happened on 9/11. This is from September 16th, 2001 at Camp David:

"VICE PRES. CHENEY: ...secretary of Transportation, access to the FAA. I had Condi Rice with me and several of my key staff people. We had access, secured communications with Air Force One, with the secretary of Defense over in the Pentagon. We had also the secure videoconference that ties together the White House, CIA, State, Justice, Defense--a very useful and valuable facility. We have the counterterrorism task force up on that net. And so I was in a position to be able to see all the stuff coming in, receive reports and then make decisions in terms of acting with it.

But when I arrived there within a short order, we had word the Pentagon's been hit. We had word the State Department had been bombed, that a car bomb had gone off at the State Department. Turned out not to be true, but we didn't know that at the time. We had a report that Norm had provided that there were six airplanes that might have been hijacked, and that's what we started working off of, was that list of six.

Now we could account for two of them in New York. The third one we didn't know what had happened to it. It turned out it had hit the Pentagon. But the first reports on the Pentagon attack suggested a helicopter, and then later, a private jet, and it was only after we got ahold of some eyewitnesses that we knew it was an American Airlines flight. So then we had three planes accounted for, but we still have had three outstanding.

We had reports of planes down in Ohio, turned out not to be true; down in Pennsylvania; turned out that was true. And all of that--excuse me--added with the report of a perspective attack on Air Force One itself, we'd have been absolute fools not to go into button down mode, make sure we had successors evacuated, make sure the president was safe and secure. Offutt was a good location for that purpose, and also the president..."

If I think I know what Michael Ruppert is going to talk about in his book....he's going to say that they purposefully had 7 simultaneous wargames going on so as to confuse the tracking systems, etc... and Dick Cheney supposedly added to that confusion. Something like that anyway. It should be interesting. Of course, if Bush & Co. were smart, they would have said that they did know about the possibility of a hijacking, and that's why they had the wargames going on specifically to train for hijackings. Maybe it was just a coincidence. However, according to Condoleeza Rice during the 9/11 Commission Hearings, she said:

"KEAN: I've got a question now I'd like to ask you. It was given to me by a number of members of the families.

Did you ever see or hear from the FBI, from the CIA, from any other intelligence agency, any memos or discussions or anything else between the time you got into office and 9/11 that talked about using planes as bombs?

RICE: Let me address this question because it has been on the table.

I think that concern about what I might have known or we might have known was provoked by some statements that I made in a press conference. I was in a press conference to try and describe the August 6 memo, which I've talked about here in my opening remarks and which I talked about with you in the private session.

And I said, at one point, that this was a historical memo, that it was -- it was not based on new threat information. And I said, "No one could have imagined them taking a plane, slamming it into the Pentagon" -- I'm paraphrasing now -- "into the World Trade Center, using planes as a missile."

As I said to you in the private session, I probably should have said, "I could not have imagined," because within two days, people started to come to me and say, "Oh, but there were these reports in 1998 and 1999. The intelligence community did look at information about this."

To the best of my knowledge, Mr. Chairman, this kind of analysis about the use of airplanes as weapons actually was never briefed to us.

I cannot tell you that there might not have been a report here or a report there that reached somebody in our midst.

Part of the problem is -- and I think Sandy Berger made this point when he was asked the same question -- that you have thousands of pieces of information -- car bombs and this method and that method -- and you have to depend to a certain degree on the intelligence agencies to sort to tell you what is actually relevant, what is actually based on sound sources, what is speculative.

RICE: And I can only assume or believe that perhaps the intelligence agencies thought that the sourcing was speculative.

All that I can tell you is that it was not in the August 6 memo, using planes as a weapon. And I do not remember any reports to us, a kind of strategic warning, that planes might be used as weapons. In fact, there were some reports done in '98 and '99. I was certainly not aware of them at the time that I spoke.

KEAN: You didn't see any memos to you or any documents to you?

RICE: No, I did not."

Ok, now here is what was actually mentioned in the August 6th, PDB. Remember now, the purpose of this is to see whether or not the August 6th, PDB mentioned planes as weapons, which Condoleeza Rice said she knew nothing about:

"We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a ------------- service in 1998 saying that Bin Laden wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shayk" 'Umar' Abd al-Rahman and other US-held extremists.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of ATTACKS, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Laden-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Laden supporters was in the US planning attacks with explosives."

Notice the word "attacks" was preceded by "hijackings or other types of". That's a good indication to me that she lied when she said, and I quote, "I could not have imagined". It also gives a good indication as to where these "attacks" were to take place. As you can clearly see by Condoleeza Rice's testimony, and as a representative of the Bush Administration, she speaks for the President, the administration's stance was that they could NOT have imagined something like that taking place.

Keep in mind, the August 6th, PDB is one of 100's of pieces of evidence that they knew. Why lie about it?

Gold9472
04-23-2005, 12:52 PM
bump

Gold9472
07-19-2005, 06:22 PM
bump